Sunday 19 October 2014

Week 5

Midterms! This week we had our CSC165 midterm. I felt like I did well, with the questions being very close to the past exams I felt I was well prepared. I didn’t answer the last question and left it blank. Luckily it was only worth six marks and I will get one of those back because of the 20% rule for not answering. I should have studied our assignment more and better prepared for that category of question. If I had better prepared that aspect I believe I could have got near perfect on the test instead of the eighty-something I predict. In the future I plan to better prepare for the tests by studying a broader area of the content instead of just mainly past tests.



Our tutorial this week went well. Going over proof structures was very helpful not just for CSC165 but also MAT137. In calculus we are currently doing a lot of proofs but we never really went over the structure or the formal layout and I think understanding that helps a lot with solving the proofs. I look forward to the more complex proofs in the near future and I am excited to relate theorems and mathematical sequences to computer science.

No comments:

Post a Comment