Thursday 2 October 2014

Week 4

This week we got into more advanced logic, including De Morgan’s Laws. This course has continued to be all about logic which is kind of boring, but will probably be essential in time. I thoroughly enjoy the proof portion of this week’s lectures and love the problem solving dynamic it opens, this is what I have been looking for in computer science the whole time I have been involved.


This course has still been similar to MAT137 but I now see how they are branching off in different directions. I feel confident about the test coming up. However, it being my first ‘University’ test I am uncertain how difficult it will actually be. A lot of people are worried about it and even though we are allowed to bring a paper with whatever we want into it I am not sure. I have heard a lot of people saying things like, “I am not ready for this test… At all.” But I don’t really understand what the big deal is, I find that Larry has been going at a good pace where it isn’t hard to manage the information load if you just go over the notes once in a while.


This week’s tutorial was great, it demonstrated the class’s ability to share ideas and open up. We were able to bounce ideas off of each other in a fashion that formed all of our ideas into one definitive answer. We discussed how some answers were better than others even though they were both correct and formed outcomes that we could all agree on. The quiz was easy once going through the tutorial and I believe that the majority of the class believed the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment